Jason> huh?

locals where a beacon, Sharon wants a beacon, Sharon's wrong?

I understand that knowing how to use the gear, etc, is vital... but...
huh? <

Jason has a point. Lecture us if you want that it is essential to
actually know how to use the gear and how to evaluate and stay out of
avalanche prone terrain. But don't try to tell me that the act of wearing
a beacon is a negative.

BTW I am going to keep wearing mine in places where slides happen. I have
a pair of DTS Trackers, one for me and one for the partner who is going to dig
me out. In the west I always wear a beacon. I own it so I wear it.
In places like Fernie, Whitewater, Red, etc. 90% of the folks in the lodge are
softly beeping.