On Dec 17, 2008, at 12:50 PM, Sharon Lives wrote:

> Major Bummer! I hope this isn't a season-ending injury. Doesn't
> sound good. :-(

Bummer is right. Condolences, Scott -- been there, done that.

I imagine this might make snow reporting a bit difficult. I'll resist
the impulse to ask, "Can I borrow your pass?" (with full realization
that that would be terribly illegal even if you said yes [way back
when I was a kid, first thing I said to my Dad after he broke his leg
on West Run on Spruce Peak was, "Can I use your skis now?"]).

Can't say I'm terribly surprised, though. What surprises me sometimes
is how few injuries any of us get, considering some of the things we
do. Just last Sunday, Jim Bauman and I were talking, and he advised me
that with respect to our boys, we just have to accept that a trip to
the e-room is is inevitable, and perhaps sooner is better than later.

My experiences have been that knee tears of any sort are season
ending. That's the bad news.

The good news is they get better with (painful) surgery. I know people
who tore theirs at age 30, but are still going strong at age 50.

| Academic Computing Services       __0__                             |
| Room 407 Lafayette Building      / \ | \                            |
| University of Vermont              \77                              |
| Voice:802-656-1254 FAX:802-???-????  vv                             |
| aim:goim?screenname=maddogskideath      http://www.uvm.edu/~waw/    |