From: Scott Braaten [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 09:07 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] Scott B out with likely ACL/MCL tears.

This is why I love this community...I thank you all for the front and
backchannel support.  I'm more or less in shock right now.  I had finally
figured out how to sort-of survive financially while having the option of
being at the mountain all seven days of the week.  The season had promise.

But yesterday, when I posted about hating on the ice, I must have created
some bad ju-ju...because here's the kicker: I had just skied two awesome
boot-deep runs off the quad and was heading catch the Gondi opening...pulled
up outside the building...took my skis off...then proceeded to slam-pig my
knee sideways between my body and the ground when glare ice took my foot out
from under me.  I wasn't even skiing!  However, when this was happening I
did get to clearly stare at the bottom of my foot, as my right leg folded in
at an interesting angle.

And that was it.  Half a second and whoops can't walk much less ski.

MRI on Friday.  Still hoping the ligaments didn't fully rip.

-Scott

ps: The snow was awesome today.  That storm certainly helped.  Friday's
system hits Catskills/Berkshires/SVT then a bigger one comes for Sun/Mon.