I'm not sure how she intended the sentence, but I interpreted it as:

If avi conditions rate considerable, I'm comfortable skiing inbounds because
patrol will close trails which are likely to slide.

And I agree.  If I see "considerable" on an avy board, I'm sticking to
patrol-opened runs.  As we've seen, that won't keep me 100% safe, but it's a
lot more safe than the other options (except not skiing.)

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Matthew Kulas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> "Considerable" is a technical term that means naturally occurring
> avalanches are possible and human-triggered avalanches are probable.
> No ski patrol would open a run with a rating of considerable.
>
> --Matt K.
>
> Come on,Sharon!  Your first sentence is virtually incomprehensible.
> There is a very good reason double-negatives are not grammatically
> correct.
>
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 10:24 AM, S H <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >
> > I don't think that skiing inbounds at Snowbird when avi danger is
> > considerable is something I wouldn't do. I think I've done it before. I
> > think that we take for granted how "safe" from avalanches in-bounds
> skiing
> > is.

Benjamin D. Bloom
www.benjamindbloom.com