I'm not sure how she intended the sentence, but I interpreted it as:

If avi conditions rate considerable, I'm comfortable skiing inbounds because patrol will close trails which are likely to slide.

And I agree.  If I see "considerable" on an avy board, I'm sticking to patrol-opened runs.  As we've seen, that won't keep me 100% safe, but it's a lot more safe than the other options (except not skiing.)