From: Medical Librarians [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Fox, Lynne
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 11:24 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FW: literature on journals

Have any of you seen any articles about the increase number of journals published/indexed making searching more difficult?  (Not the increased volume of articles.)

do you know any published literature mentioning things like "the increase of the number of scientific journals makes literature search harder" or "biomedical scientists find it difficult to keep up with literature from a wide range of related journals"?

Please reply to me if you've seen anything like this.

Thanks,
~ Lynne

Lynne M. Fox, AMLS, MA, AHIP, Education Librarian, Health Sciences Library, Anschutz Medical Campus, University of Colorado Denver Mailing address:
Mail Stop A003, 12950 E. Montview Blvd., Aurora, CO  80045 303-724-2121, 303-724-2166 (fax),  [log in to unmask], http://hsclibrary.uchsc.edu/