Speaking of Drupal,  is there anyway that VTCITE (which I believe is
Drupal)  could be used as way to connect its users in a Twitter Like
Way (perhaps by Twitter or another similar module).

It could be something as simple as a way to Search for members who
have a published Twitter accounts (maybe a field name in our Account
Profile). I know that the beauty of Twitter is that it is organic, but
it might be a  nice entry point  for beginners to join the
conversation.  And it would also make for a broadcast like tool (a la
School IT)  that Vermonters could use to post 'comments and questions'
that would benefit from community, but are not necessarily of
important enough nature to end up as an email post here  or a VTCITE
entry.

It if could double post (as mentioned by BJ) on VTCITE and TWITTER it
would have the benefit of immediacy that Twitter provides with an
audience that wants to be connected and it would continue to populate
VTCITE, which I know folks are trying to do.

Just some ideas..
Lucie

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 2:50 PM, Bjorn Behrendt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Not that I want to prolong the twitter conversation, but it did spark me to
> look into a few things.    There is a drupal module that allows
> snycronization between twitter and Drupal.   I connected it to
> my http://www.askbj.net/ site so that anything I post on there will also
> post onto my twitter: http://twitter.com/AskBj.
>
> Bjorn Behrendt
> Proctor School District