At Mt. Abraham cell phones are not allowed during school hours, unless a
teacher wants to use them for instruction.  After school hours, or before
school hours, they are allowed.  We began this policy in Sept and it went
fairly smoothly.  For the first few weeks students were reminded of the
policy if they had phones, but then faculty took the phones for the rest
of the day if they saw students using them. Students could retrieve them
in the office at the end of the day.  It was funny when we took a field
trip early in the year and I had students use GCast they really thought
they were getting away with something, using cell phones!

Lauren Kelley Parren
ANESU Educational Technology Coordinator
Mt. Abraham Portfolio Coordinator
802-453-2333 x 1119