We setup MythTV. Recorded it live and used VLC to stream it out to all our computers. Except for wireless (firewall could not handle the multicast) this worked without a hitch. This also left us with a file our AV person can convert/use for the future.

We knew our internet was going to suffer and sure enough our internet was starting to crawl by 9am.

-----Original Message-----
From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Raymond Ballou
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 8:44 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: watching inauguration live over the Internet

Dear List:

I was out sick that day, but could track utilization from home.

One issue we ran into was installation of updated FLASH.

Not something I tend to unless it is needed.

Had a number of users who could not view a stream due to outdated flash, nor
install it on their own (permission reasons).

Anyone run into problems, anyone sail through easily?

Anyone install silverlight for the official PIC site?

R.

believed to be clean.