Thank you, Luis, for an intelligent answer.
Larry

Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 09:17:12 -0500From: [log in to unmask]: Re: IT CoursesTo: [log in to unmask]

At Woodstock Union Middle School we have a required 9 week course for 7th graders (Computer Skills I) and a 9 week required 8th grade course (Computer Skills II) that focuses on searching and researching as well as using productivity software (presentation, spreadsheets, collaboration (Google Docs)) and blogging (21classes.com).  It's always evolving but the focus primarily stays consistent.
In the HS, we have a  1 credit technology graduation requirement but students can satisfy that in many ways....programming, web design, animation, graphic arts.

Luis

Luis Bango
WUHSMS
(802)457-1317 x198
www.wuhsms.org

From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Laurence BookerSent: Sunday, January 25, 2009 5:10 PMTo: [log in to unmask]: IT Courses
Evening, everyone, I am interested in finding out just how many of you haveInformation Technology -- using WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, net searches, integrated technology, etc. -- as agraduation requirement at your schools. Currently, at Windsor HS, it is not a graduation requirement,but I am highly interested in your thoughts on same, and onwho has IT as a requirement. Please advise. Have an up tick day!!!!! Thanks, Larry BookerBusiness TeacherWindsor High SchoolWindsor, VT

Hotmail® goes where you go. On a PC, on the Web, on your phone.
http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/learnmore/versatility.aspx#mobile?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_WL_HM_versatility_121208