On Jan 27, 2009, at 9:04 PM, Laurence Booker wrote:

Next step:  please tell me what you guys do in your IT classes so I can measure my own classes
and what I teach them.  If you're way ahead of me -- and I want to know this, if it is so -- then
I have to catch up.

Following Lucie's reminder, I dug up a link to

Information Technology and Vermont Education Goals: A Vermont State Technology Council Position Paper.

A number of the essential skills relate to more than one strand or area. These are higher- level thinking skills such as analyzing, synthesizing and evaluating. These skills are recognized as basic to the effective use of information technology. We also recognize a core of knowledge necessary for students in the use of technological tools for learning and working. This core includes: basic terminology, ethics, privacy, ownership, copyright, health issues, and vocational implications of technology.

A  classic ... http://www.vita-learn.org/resources/eddocs/itveg.html

---

This thread reminded me of some of the more modern skills - not included in the "office" suite ...

- social computing a la youtube, facebook, orkut, ...
- collaborative computing a la online conferencing, webinars, wikimedia, twitter, aim, ...
- media computing a la flickr, fotolog,
- datasharing a la delicious, citulike, digg,
- keitai computing a la iphone, blackberry, android,

- ??? a la dslight (brain age, sonomama, ...) or wii/fit