We use Sonicpoints for our wireless network.  We had Ormsby's help us set up 2 vpns, 1 for a private network and 1 for a public.  We allocated 80% of our bandwidth to the private and 20% to the public.  So students can access the internet on whatever they bring in, without a code.  Their internet would be like the rest of the network.  The access is available from 7 am to 9 pm.  The Sonicpoints are managed inside of our Sonicwall.  We are very pleased with the set up so far.  Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

Wendy Cusson
Computer Technology Resource Manager
Vergennes Union High School
50 Monkton Rd.
Vergennes, Vt. 05491
802-877-6608 ext. 245

>>> Jean Campbell <[log in to unmask]> 1/12/2009 11:25 AM >>>
2 questions:
Do you give "student owned" devices (laptops, ITouch, phones etc) access to your wireless network?
Does anyone out there use a centralized managed wireless network and would you be willing to chat with me more about what you are using and that type of thing?
Jean Campbell
CESU Technology Support
211 Browns Trace
Jericho, VT 05465
Phone: 802-858-1726

This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). If this e-mail contains student information and you are not entitled to access such information under FERPA, please notify the sender. Federal regulations require that you destroy this e-mail without reviewing it and you may not forward it to anyone.


PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you're not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.

It is the policy of ANWSU not to discriminate on the basis or race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, or gender orientation in its educational programs or activities, or in its employment policies as required by Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendments, by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and by Vermont State Law.