We began to block Google Images (and other search engine image searches)
after we discovered an ³epidemic² of porn viewing through thumbnails... Of
course, this also pointed to some supervision issues but in a middle school
with ³ubiquitous² access we have accepted that 100% supervision is not
realistic: it just changes the game.

Our solution has been to restrict search engines in general, opening up just
a few (chosen by the librarians) and to promote the use of Picsearch,
Pics4learning, ditto.com etc for image searching. This has been an
acceptable solution for about three years.

YouTube is also blocked, although staff can override as needed.

I would much prefer to ³lock² the Google settings as some describe: How can
this be set so that users cannot change it? Aren¹t browser settings open to
the user?

Eric