Re: You Tube and Google Images We began to block Google Images (and other search engine image searches) after we discovered an “epidemic” of porn viewing through thumbnails... Of course, this also pointed to some supervision issues but in a middle school with “ubiquitous” access we have accepted that 100% supervision is not realistic: it just changes the game.

Our solution has been to restrict search engines in general, opening up just a few (chosen by the librarians) and to promote the use of Picsearch, Pics4learning, ditto.com etc for image searching. This has been an acceptable solution for about three years.

YouTube is also blocked, although staff can override as needed.

I would much prefer to “lock” the Google settings as some describe: How can this be set so that users cannot change it? Aren’t browser settings open to the user?

Eric