I use it frequently. I subscribe to folks with like interests and pick up some great tips. I found a balance that works for me. I do many projects with students on understanding communication and collaboration using it and let them choose for themselves if they think it's valuable. To date it's about 50/50 of kids who continue to use it vs those who abandon it after class ends. Adam

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 4:27 PM, Luis Bango <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Here's one example of how the Hartford Area Career and Technical Center are using Twitter for PR.

Luis

From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bryan Thompson
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 3:05 PMSubject: Re: Twitter in schools

I use Twitter and Facebook in my personal life to keep up with people, but to me, that's all it is really good for - personal use.

Bryan Thompson
Technology Coordinator
Winooski School District
Winooski, VT 05404
802-655-2555

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 13:00, Jean Campbell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Steve,
I don't get Twitter either.....if someone could explain it to me or show me a good application I'd like to see it.  Jean

>>> Stephen Barner <[log in to unmask]> 1/12/2009 12:28 PM >>>
I haven't figured out the attraction to Twitter, but it's blocked here at SBSD.  One interesting tidbit from the Wikipedia entry on Twitter:

Twitter collects personally identifiable information about its users and shares it with third parties. Twitter considers that information an asset, and reserves the right to sell it if the company changes hands.

Steve Barner
South Burlington High School