Why now just use Google Apps.  Also the suported version of Untangle has a Portal for file/folder access, remote deskops and internal websites.

Bjorn Behrendt
Proctor School District

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Clark" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 1:38:56 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: MS Sharepoint services advice

I am looking to consolidate our document store (files, folders, photos, blogs)

Has anyone had a good experience with SharePoint services ? I would NOT plan on shelling out the huge bucks for the portal .. just services right now.

Is an office client required for access to the services (we have Open Office in the classrooms, lab and dorms)

I have space avail on either domain controller...

Thanks,

Bill Clark
Austine School for the Deaf