Here, here. HP.

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 9:20 AM, Darth Vader <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I'd stick with Procurve... hard to beat a solid switch with a lifetime
warranty and no yearly support fees (I'm talking about you Cisco).

Which line to point you at is hard to say since I don't know what kind
of port density you require.  But, the 4200 is a chasis solution (4 or 8
bay) and you can get just about any kind of port load out you want.  The
Mini-GBICs aren't really all that expensive considering what they do
(ball park of $250 for the SX-LC Mini-GBIC).

You can also grab the 2800 with 48 10/100/1000 ports with 4 mini-gbic
ports as well (I bet that comes in around $1500).

If you need some good contacts for HP networking gear I've got a couple
guys you can talk to.

I agree that the 4000's are getting a little long in the tooth, but they
are still under warranty.  Also there might be some trade-in
opportunities for you where you can dig up an old crappy hub/switch and
trade it in for a shiny new switch.

Mike

Michael Vining, SB Network Services
South Burlington School District