-----Original Message-----
From: School Information Technology Discussion
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of John McSweeney
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2009 8:49 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: request: fiber switch recommendations

I am shopping for 3-5 switches fiber ready or fiber module equipped to
integrate into my network. I have been very satisfied with a mostly HP
Procurve backbone 4000 and 2500 series with fiber modules added and
like the idea of sticking with a procurve configuration but they are
getting a little old. The fiber modules were pricy but have been
durable. I know there are cheaper and compatible and equally reliable
switches out there and am seeking recommendations.
thanks

John McSweeney
Cabot School Technologist

believed to be clean.