We have been using an open source product called mailarchiva. It runs on Linux or Windows but we have been running it on a virtualized Linux os. The only real issue we have had is when Exchange stops or needs to be rebooted we often have to restart mailarchiva (not so much of a problem with the newer version).

I personally have investigated pricing on over a  dozen e-mail archiving software packages and they all want about 40% to 100% more for just the software than we have invested in our entire e-mail infrastructure.

From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Robert Brinkley
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2009 11:47 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Archiving tools for Microsoft Exchange

In addition to the policies and procedures below related to e-mail archiving is anyone using Sunbelt Exchange Archiver?  Can you share who you purchased it from and how much it cost?

Robert C. Brinkley, Director of Technology

North Country Supervisory Union

338 Highland Ave., Suite #4

Newport, VT  05855-4897

Phone (802) 334-5847 ext. 18

Fax (802) 334-5952

Would anyone care to share policies and procedures they have for e-mail archiving in your supervisory unions?

Robert C. Brinkley, Director of Technology

North Country Supervisory Union

338 Highland Ave., Suite #4

Newport, VT  05855-4897

Phone (802) 334-5847 ext. 18