Thanks ..

From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Darth Vader
Sent: January 23, 2009 11:17 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Captioning support in video capture cards..

I think you’ll find all TV Tuners will take the CC feed with no trouble, I don’t know about a frame grabber, though I would expect it to work just fine.  We used the Hauppauge PVR-150 and had no issues.  Hauppauge seems to be most commonly supported by Linux and Windows… I’m not sure about Mac.  I would recommend a PCI card over the USB versions if you are using Linux.  I have used the USB one in Windows with VLC just fine.

Mike

batman_yellow_50x50.jpg

Michael Vining, SB Network Services

South Burlington School District