"I don't think one should put forward an un-backed up belief about someone when it is of this nature."

I agree. And that also goes for Louis' consistent misrepresentations of the views of others on this list about the Israeli attacks on Gaza.

MB

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Michael H Goldhaber <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I think Carrol went way overboard here. Louis specifically denounced anti-Semitic attitudes quite recently in his remarks on Cynthia MckKinney. I don't think one should put forward an un-backed up belief about someone when it is of this nature.

Best,
Michael

On Jan 3, 2009, at 1:12 PM, Louis R Godena wrote:

Associate professor Cox;

I, too, have ignored your posts for many years, but, if you are going to call me an anti-semite on a public list, I would suggest you have some pretty strong evidence to back it up.

Louis G

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carrol Cox" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2009 3:35 PM
Subject: Re: "Why Self-Discipline Is Overrated"by Alfie Kohn(moderatingad-hominem attacks)

Carrol Cox wrote: [clip]

Possible qualifier. I have not been reading LG's posts, and if he has
(as I believe he has in the past) mixed anti-Zionist arguments with
anti-semitic attitudes, then of course my agreement does NOT extend to
that. Anti-semitism aids rather than opposes Zionism, since the whole of
the Zionist's political stsrategy rests on equating anti-Zionism with
anti-semitism.

Carrol

Michael Balter
Contributing Correspondent, Science