I take alot of toe pressures, on all new pts and diabetics, non compressables (great toe) I always use tape, I am not for the velcro, I have used smaller clips but they can pop off. Rita

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Ridgway <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 10:18 am
Subject: Re: Unetixs PVR System(s)

The Unetix PPG sensors have the spring-clips, indeed very handy. I've never
understood the idea of strapping the sensor around the digit, which would mash
down on the subcutaneous bed. I don't know for sure that it would interfere with
a proper reading, but double-stick tape seems better: no pressure between sensor
and skin. I'd be interested to see what anyone else thinks about strapping down
with the velcro, pro or con.

The spring-clips exert very little pressure.

Don Ridgway