You go girl! Rita

-----Original Message-----
From: Combs, Kristin <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 1:15 pm
Subject: Re: PVR's vs duplex

Thats one of the issues that I have with doing both PVRs and imaging-it doubles
the reimbursement in a time when we all must try to use our health care
resources very carefully and responsibly. Why duplicate if there is no need?  As
far as healing potential, ABI's with imaging and if necessary toe pressures are
definitely enough to determine this-more helpful and arteriography ( the
supposed gold standard).  I have nothing against PVR and segmentals, but I think
imaging is more efficient, takes very limited time with experience and aids the
surgeon is clinical decision making.  My opinion, thats all.......