From: UVM Flownet <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wed Jan 21 20:43:45 2009
Subject: ICAEL vs ICAVL

I have a question to those out there that have both accreditation.

I have heard (sorry lazy and did not research the topic) that ICAEL stipulates that an echo should take 45 minutes, the whole 45 minutes, and that is part of the accreditation. If this is true why does not ICAVL require such a time frame?

One other topic on accredidation, are more labs (ICAVL) foregoing accreditation by staffing only registered technologist's to suffice for reimbursement issues.

Both of these issues are hot right now in my area.

Jason