Kristy,

I use your school of thought for abdomen (curved array), but with current technology with linear probes, there is a fine steer that allows us to maintain a  60 degree angle for the most part .

J2

Jack I.  Siegel, BA RVT
Technical  Director
Vascular Surgery
Dartmouth  Hitchcock Medical Center,  NH
Veterans Administration Medical  Center,   VT
603-650-8145
603-650-4737 fax

--- You wrote:
I work in a small city with a new ultrasound program at the university.
There is also a new vascular ultrasound program with students rotating
through my lab.  I am finding these students are being taught that the
angle of insonation should be 60 degrees and nothing else no matter how
the vessel is coursing. My students are telling me that he other
surgeons' lab and the general US depts. in the 2 hospitals also
incorporate this same school of thought.  For me, it has always been 60
degrees or less. Is this common practice in other communities? I would
appreciate your feedback.

Kristy

--- end of quote ---