I had a patient the other night who had a dysrhythmia. Irregular timing,
irregular PSV. Some big "catch up" beats.

I had let the machine "High Q" calculate the (avg'd) velocity.

Few days later had conversation (counseling) with co-worker who said, Always
take highest, that's what we were taught.
I think she is harkening back to highest velocity in any segment, not The
catch up beat...

Doesnt quite feel right.

Help?

( I already searched Flownet, but only found discussion specific to BP and
tachy a fib. )

Karen RVT