At the present time the University will not be closing due to the
weather. However I write to remind supervisors that you have the option
to allow staff to flex their time, work at home, or take personal leave.

When the University is open, departments are expected to remain
accessible with staff available to answer phones and handle walk-in
traffic.  Obviously, the needs of departments vary greatly based upon
their unit missions.

If students are not sure whether an evening class will be held, they
should contact the professor or the department.

We ask people to use common sense and judgment in this typical winter
weather in Vermont.

Sincerely,

John M. Hughes
Provost and Senior Vice President