Scott already provided a Stowe update along with some of his weather thoughts for this week, but E and Ty were also up at Stowe today so I’ll pass on some additional information.  I believe they spent all their time over at Spruce, but it was certainly warmer than they’d expected.  When they arrived at around noon the temperature was 14 F, and light snow was falling.  E said the snow increased in intensity and fell all afternoon, and at times it came down fairly heavily.  She said it definitely freshened up the surfaces while they skied.  There was some wind around as well, although it didn’t sound like it was too bad where they were skiing on Spruce.  When they were leaving the mountain at around 4:30 P.M. the temperature was 10 F, and E said the new accumulation appeared to be a couple inches or so.

J.Spin

Windows Live™: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect. Check it out. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.