Colleagues: Two major responses.  The first about PMC citations in
PubMed I did not know:  "If I'm understanding you correctly, you should
be able to find PMC citations in PubMed.  Input the PMC number into the
search box (ex.: PMC12345) and you will get the PubMed record.  Save the
record to the Clipboard.  Run your PubMed search, and save those results
to the clipboard as well.  Sort the Clipboard as you would like, and
save or print the resulting citations list."  My thanks to you, Rachel.

The second I have not tried, yet, but it sounds reasonable:  " I saw a
colleague do this last week and it came as a great revelation to me:
when you paste text you choose unformatted text and all the special
formatting is stripped off and you are left with plain text.  Is this
helpful?"  My thanks to you, Virginia.

I hope this helps all of us.  Thomas

Thank you for using the library.

Confidential: This electronic message and all contents contain
information from Self Regional Healthcare which may be privileged,
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.  The information is
intended to be for the addressee only.  If you are not the addressee,
any disclosure, copy, distribution or use of the contents of this
message is prohibited.  If you have received this electronic message in
error, please notify the sender and destroy the original message and all
copies.
Self Regional Healthcare is a tobacco-free workplace.
Tel. 864-725-4851; fax 864-725-4838
Thomas Hill, Librarian, Self Regional Healthcare, 1325 Spring St.,
Greenwood, SC 29646

Does anyone have experience taking PMC and PubMed citations and merging
the two into one document?  I can not seem to get the two formats to
merge into one Word document.  Thanks for any help.

I emailed the results to myself, then tried cutting and pasting into
Word.  Formatting is so different that the result is terrible in Word.
Does one save each result as a file, and then try to merge the two
files?  If so, how would that work any better?  TWH