Colleagues, I tried the first suggestion about retrieving PMC ID
citations in PubMed this morning and cannot find how PMC ID citations
are retrieved in PubMed.  So, they cannot be saved to a  PubMed
clipboard.

What I have been able to do takes several steps, but eventually produces
a uniform Word document.  Here is what I did:

1. Retrieve PMC citations and send them to text.
2. Highlight want you want to copy into a Word document and copy and
paste that into a Word document.  Keep that document available for use
with PubMed citations in step 4.

3. Format those citations in the Word document as a Normal format,
clearing formatting.  The font box should say Normal 12, or at least it
did for me.

4. Repeat the process for PubMed citations: retrieve citations, send to
text, highlight what you need, copy and paste into the same Word
document.

5. Reformat authors as you prefer.  You will note PubMedCentral uses
full names, e.g. Thomas W. Hill, while PubMed use abbreviated, e.g. Hill
T. or Hill TW.

6. Rearrange by author or date or journal, as you wish or need.

Cumbersome, but it works.

Perhaps this consistent citation format is something NLM can work on?  I
hope this helps others.

Thank you for using the library.
Confidential: This electronic message and all contents contain
information from Self Regional Healthcare which may be privileged,
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.  The information is
intended to be for the addressee only.  If you are not the addressee,
any disclosure, copy, distribution or use of the contents of this
message is prohibited.  If you have received this electronic message in
error, please notify the sender and destroy the original message and all
copies.

Tel. 864-725-4851; fax 864-725-4838.  Self Regional Healthcare is a
smoke-free environment.
Thomas Hill, Librarian, Self Regional Healthcare, Medical Library,
Greenwood, SC 29646