Hello all.....my boss is looking for information on problem-based learning in medical schools and its corresponding learning outcomes as opposed to the outcomes from a traditional lecture-based learning model.  Can any one out there in academia point me to some successful examples.   Evidently the Lake Eire College of Osteopathic Medicine in Braedenton Florida uses ONLY this method.  I just started my search online, but would appreciate any help you could offer or guidance to any studies, papers that might address the benefits of problem-based learning in medical schools.

thanks in advance.

Janie

Janie Grosman, M.L.I.S., Mgr
Area Library Services
St. Joseph Health System, Sonoma County
Site Admin. Physcian Connect
707-695-0472 cell
707-522-1509
707-522-1217 fax

Notice from St.Joseph Health System:
Please note that the information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure.