From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rumschlag, Denise H
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 12:46 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Question - VisualDX

The VisualDx reps were here this morning at our hospital.  Like other states, they worked with our Department of Health to supply the resource to all state hospitals for one year.

I agree with Pat, I think it is a win for our hospital.  As I tell about the resource, I explain to people that is only promised for one year.  I tell people to think of it as a year long trial.  This gives us a very long time to test it out and see if we want to pick it up if the state does not continue with the contract.

As a tax payer, I want to see my dollars spent wisely--I want to see the resource used and tested.

My 2-cents,
-Denise

Denise Rumschlag, MLS MA AHIP
St. Vincent Hospital Library