Weathersfield does not offer a discount, and got rid of it at former
municipality when the figures showed that it was actually costing
more to fund the discount than it saved the individual taxpayer.

At 10:31 AM 2/5/2009, you wrote:
>Hello all:
>
>The Town of Hardwick currently offers a 3% discount if you pay your
>taxes in full early. We are going to try and eliminate or adjust
>this offfer at Town Meeting this year. Our Town Manager wanted me to
>see if any other towns offer a discount and how yours is set up.
>
>Do yo offer a discount on all taxes or just on the Municipal?
>
>What is the % that you offer and what are the payment terms?
>
>Do you offer to everyone or just to the residential (homestead) tax payers?
>
>Thank you all for your help.
>
>Alberta Miller
>Hardwick Town Clerk
>P.O. Box 523
>Hardwick, Vermont 05843
>802-472-5971 Phone
>802-472-3793 Fax

Larry J. Melen, Weathersfield Town Manager
Telephone: [802] 674-2626
Fascimile: [802] 674-2117
Website: http://www.weathersfield.org

NOTICE:

THIS TRANSMITTAL IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF AND BY THE
INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED.  IT MAY CONTAIN
INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, OR EXEMPT FROM
DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.

IF THE READER OF THIS TRANSMITTAL IS NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT OR
THE EMPLOYEE OR AGENT RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERING THE TRANSMITTAL TO
THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY
DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR COPYING OF THIS COMMUNICATION IS
STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY THIS
OFFICE IMMEDIATELY.