  -----Original Message-----
  From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Town of Hardwick
  Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 11:54 AM
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Subject: Faxing Tax Bills?

  Good Morning All;

  We are trying to determine how everyone handles requests for tax bills.

  Due to the extremly high volume of request last year for tax bills to be
faxed we made the decission to send every tax bill with a copy and a notice
to the tax payer that this was there copy and we were not going to fax them
to tax preparers this year.

  We are still being overrun with calls for tax bills to be faxed. Many
people are upset that we are saying no to faxing them. We are at a
disadvantage that the fax machine is not in our office. We figure at least 3
minutes out of the office per tax bill. If it goes through on the first try.

  We would like to hear how you all are handling this problem?

  Alberta Miller
  Hardwick Town Clerk
  P.O. Box 523
  Hardwick, Vermont 05843