  _____

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Town of Hardwick
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 10:31 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Offering a discount?

Hello all:

The Town of Hardwick currently offers a 3% discount if you pay your taxes in
full early. We are going to try and eliminate or adjust this offfer at Town
Meeting this year. Our Town Manager wanted me to see if any other towns
offer a discount and how yours is set up.

Do yo offer a discount on all taxes or just on the Municipal?

What is the % that you offer and what are the payment terms?

Do you offer to everyone or just to the residential (homestead) tax payers?

Thank you all for your help.

Alberta Miller
Hardwick Town Clerk
P.O. Box 523