We will not fax tax bills unless the taxpayer pays us for the research and
fax time, for which we charge $1.

Since they have to come in to pay the buck, they take the copy to the
preparer anyway.  The reason they need the tax bill is for the HS 122 stuff.
Tax bill does not state how much the taxpayer actually paid in the calendar
year.

It confounds me the number of people who don't keep their tax bills, even
though we request it on the bill.

If a taxpayer is telling their preparer that they have paid taxes when they
haven't--in the calendar year--that's fraud!

Wendy Wilton

Rutland City Treasurer

  _____