Greetings,

Every year the Census Bureau sends towns, cities and villages a package
called the Boundary and Annexation Survey (BAS).  The Bureau uses this
to find out about any political boundary changes in your community.
This is rarely an issue in Vermont, since our boundaries hardly ever change.

This year's BAS, however, is special, because it's our last chance to
make sure that the Census Bureau has our boundaries correct before they
conduct the 2010 Census.

Here at the Vermont State Data Center, Shawn Geoffroy and I have started
contacting communities that have not returned their 2009 BAS comments to
the Census Bureau yet.  We want local officials in every Vermont town to
at least look at the map that the Census Bureau sends you.  You're the
best source to flag errors that the Bureau may have!

The towns, cities and villages listed below will be receiving emails and
phone call from Shawn (and myself) to remind you about the BAS and ask
if you've looked at your Census boundaries.

If you have already responded, then thank you very much!

Feel free to reply to me directly with any questions or comments.

Chip
____________________
WILL SAWYER
Manager