PayPal has a program which would work.  There is still a charge, but it is in the range of a couple of $, not a major %.
Bruce in Eden.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Gary Anderson
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 1:13 PM
  Subject: Re: REQUEST FOR INFO

  Lisa -

  Official Payments at www.officialpayments.com processes credit / debit cards.  The Town doesn't get charged any fee, but the customer gets charged 3% additional on what he / she paid.  Official Payments wires your share of the payment to your bank account.  We use this company, but few people are willing to pay the extra 3% unless they are really in a bind.

  Gary A.
  Hyde Park