Does anyone know a general rule:  if the Grand List has gone down,  does the
school get more or less funding?
Marianne

In a message dated 2/17/2009 2:38:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

According  to the ‘Education Property Taxes Guidelines for Treasurers and
Collectors  Handbook’ on page 21, the timeline shows the final payments or
billing will be  sent out by the education department April 30-May  1st.
Michelle  W. Wilson,  Operations Chief
Property  Valuation and Review
State  of Vermont, Dept of Taxes
133  State Street, 1st Fl
Montpelier,  VT  05633-1401
802-828-5868  ph

From: Vermont Municipal  Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of  Guildhall Town Clerk
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 2:24  PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: final Grand List  adjustments by Education Department?

Hi  everyone,

Now that the  Education Dept has received most Town's final Grand Lists, do
we know WHEN  they are going to adjust their records to reflect the changes
from the Aug  first Grand List?  And, for Towns whose Grand List amounts went
down,  adjust amounts that the State pays to the School  Districts?

I know that most  towns only just sent their final 411 GLS in electronically
in  January.

Thanks!

Laura

**************Need a job? Find an employment agency near you.