Walden School has DSL from Fairpoint (they've served Walden since long before they bought out Verizon land lines across VT).
They have a closet/shack a few tenths of a mile, along Route 15 near where the road to the school turns off. So we get pretty much whatever speed they push to that point. It'd be great to have a connection over which we could be streaming video, the secretary could be listening to the radio, we could replace (or augment) the phones ... with a stable higher-speed connection.

The other schools in Caledonia Central SU are Danville, with whom I think they still share an internet connection (though the CCSU offices moved to the other side of Route 2 recently, so I don't know if arrangements changed as a result). Barnet has, I think a satellite connection with which they're not very happy. Don't know what Peacham has.

John Rapoza handles networking for Danville and CCSU. Superintendent Martha Tucker could tell you who to contact for Barnet and Peacham.

Sigurd Andersen

Drescher, Peter wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Hello all..

I realize many are on break.. I need a little info though from those that can provide..

Conversations here at state level are heating up around broadband access  (finally!)...

If you could send me no more than a paragraph about your school or district and how you obtain broadband access currently, it would be very helpful.  I know it is all over the map statewide, and we have been discussing a broadband consortium for quite some time, but it looks like we have some opportunities coming up.

Just give me a quick blurb about how you get access and what level of access you have.. It would be helpful too if you could tell me what you pay for that access, but not necessary if you don't have that info at your fingertips.

If you prefer, send it directly to me and not on the list.  your call.

Thanks for your help...

Peter

Peter Drescher
Education Technology Coordinator