Check out Scratch (http://scratch.mit.edu/) and Alice (http://www.alice.org/).  I have seen several presentations on Scratch and hear good things about Alice.  Here is a lesson on scratch posted to VTcite.org: http://vtcite.org/node/2091

----- Original Message -----
From: "Darth Vader" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 9:26:19 AM (GMT-0500) Auto-Detected
Subject: Programming in K-12

Is anyone out there doing programming courses k-12?  We’re curious as to what language(s) you are using and any suggestions you might have.  We’re looking for something visual, useable, and open source.  Something similar to Visual Basic?

Not being a programmer or even a logical thinker I’m not really familiar with all the tools out there.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

sm_logo_50x50.jpg[log in to unmask]" width=50>

Michael Vining, SB Network Services

South Burlington School District

South Burlington, Vermont 05403

Direct: (802) 652-7298