From: School Information Technology Discussion on behalf of Steve Webster
Sent: Mon 2/23/2009 11:13 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Programming in K-12

Hi, Mike (and everyone),

I just read an article on BlueJ (http://www.bluej.org/about/about.html).  Looks intriguing.

Here's a blurb:

	The aim of BlueJ is to provide an easy-to-use teaching environment for the Java language that facilitates the teaching of Java to first year students. Special emphasis has been placed on visualisation and interaction techniques to create a highly interactive environment that encourages experimentation and exploration.

Has anyone used BlueJ?

Steve