________________________________
From: Meat Processing Discussion Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Karen Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 9:09 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Vermont Public Hearing - COME ONE, COME ALL!!!

www.ruralvermont.org<http://www.ruralvermont.org>

IMPORTANT PUBLIC HEARING ON ~THE FUTURE OF VERMONT FOOD AND FARMING~
*************************************************************************************************************
We NEED YOU to come out for a very important public hearing on the Future of Vermont Food and Farming, which is being held by the Vermont House and Senate Agriculture Committees on:
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
7 pm - 9 pm
in the Well of the House of Representatives (2nd floor, VT Statehouse)

Everyone who comes and signs up will get 2 minutes to testify to the committees. They specifically want to hear:
~What are the opportunities and challenges currently here in Vermont with regard to food and farming? and
~What should the legislature do to help Vermont farmers and our food system? and
~What is your vision for Vermont food and farming?

The committees especially want to hear from farmers, but all are welcome. If you are a farmer, be sure to mention it when you testify. You can find tips for writing effective public hearing testimony and information about bills that these committees are currently considering on the Rural Vermont website: www.ruralvermont.org<http://www.ruralvermont.org>.
Feel free to call the office if you have any questions: 802-223-7222.
LET'S SHOW THESE COMMITTEES THAT WE HAVE A VISION AND THAT WE REALLY CARE!
LET'S FILL UP THE HOUSE CHAMBER!
PLEASE COME EVEN IF YOU DON'T THINK YOU WANT TO TESTIFY!