I noticed a few flakes of snow when I was leaving Waterbury today around 6:00 A.M. and didnít think much of it, but when I got here to Burlington I saw that the mountains were hidden behind what looked like snowfall.  A few minutes ago I looked outside here and saw that it was snowing, so I took a quick look at the radar and saw this:

It clearly looked like there was some northwest flow taking place, so I proceeded to the BTV NWS discussion and saw their comments:

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BURLINGTON VT

659 AM EST MON FEB 9 2009

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/...

AS OF 631 AM EST MONDAY...NORTHWEST FLOW ALOFT HAS DEVELOPED OVER THE AREA EARLY THIS MORNING. WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS A SHORTWAVE TROUGH MOVING INTO THE REGION EARLY THIS MORNING AND COMBINED WITH THE BAND OF MOISTURE EXTENDING ACROSS NORTHERN NEW YORK...CLOUDS AND LIGHT SNOW HAVE BEEN COMMON AND SHOULD CONTINUE THROUGH ABOUT MID-MORNING BEFORE DRIER AIR FINALLY MOVES IN. WILL NEED TO MENTION LIGHT SNOW LIKELY FOR PORTIONS OF NORTHERN NEW YORK WITH SNOW ACCUMULATIONS UP TO AN INCH. FLOW PATTERN IS CONDUCIVE TO UPSLOPE FLOW AND AN ENHANCEMENT TO THE LIGHT SNOW.

Iím not sure if anything too substantial will come out of this, but it may be something to watch in the mountains this morning.  If we pick up anything in Waterbury Iíll make a report this evening.

J.Spin

Windows Liveô: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect. See how it works. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.