I took a peek outside at 10:00 P.M. and the snow is falling with some impressive intensity now; the flakes are about 3-4 mm in diameter.  We’re still above freezing (33.3 F) down here in the valley but the snow is certainly accumulating; I measured 0.9 inches on the board as of 10:00 P.M.  With the mountains’ lower temperatures and additional upslope enhancement, it will be interesting to see what they pick up tonight.  The snow we’ve received down here is fairly dense at this point, so there should be a decent amount of liquid put down with this snow.  I’m not sure if the back end of the radar image below will be the last snow we see with this event, but unless the intensity really drops off, we should have some additional accumulation to go this evening.

J.Spin

Windows Live™: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect. See how it works. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.