From: roger Klinger <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, February 2, 2009 4:40:33 PM
Subject: [SKIVT-L] What's Fat?

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 11:27 PM, Allen Taylor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

"Any ski that has a waist of over 70mm will have very good float in powder"
I completely disagree with this. By today's standards 70mm is
basically a Nordic ski. There is a huge difference between a 70mm
waist and even a 100mm waisted midfat let alone a 130mm+ waisted
powder ski when it comes to float.

I'm not going to disagree with anything Allen wrote.  I just want to know when 100mm started to be considered midfat?  IIRC, the gear issues this fall were calling 80-90 mm waists mdfats.