While ripping around the mountain on Sunday, we took the kids out onto a knife-ridge that is
officially "out-of-bounds." We had skied the same route on friday, but in the two days in
between, someone had gomered out there and put up this, marking it as a quadruple black
diamond:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25891068@N02/?saved=1

It got me thinking about all the odd little homemade trail signs that have popped up over the
years and what drives people to fashion them. This compunction to sign the woods must
happen at most mountains, but who is it that does this? Why? I have seen them marking
Angel Food and the Rat at MRG, plus several other less known spots on more than one ski
hill. These signs are an oddity, and to some degree controversial...Should they be
immediately torn off and hung on the college dorm room wall, or left to weather in peace?