Day 4 (of 5) of our Utah ski vacation was at Snowbird.

For some reason, we are cursed. All of our western trips are dry (two notable exceptions where it has dumped on the last day that we were there). The snow here is good, but its not very fresh. And meanwhile, I read reports of fresh snow in VT. Figures!

In any event, today was yet another bluebird day. Maybe a little bit too warm. Felt like spring skiing. Skied like spring skiing.

Our plan was to go over to Mineral Basin to start the day. We went through the tunnel and skied down Lupine Loop or whatever it is. Only problem is that Anna had a few difficulties in heel side traverses, and got stuck in a few places. After one, I thought I saw a way that we could cut over and skip the uphill section.

Wrong idea.

"Warning. Cliff area"

Whoops.

So, Anna got to be the first Morton girl that was cliffed out, ahead of her big sister Renee and her Mom. Of course, I had been cliffed out before.

She took it like a champ though. We were traversing over; but still too much heel side to make it easy. We did finally have to take off her board and hike it out. Meanwhile, Renee and Sara were kind of a little worried, as they didn't have their radio on. Luckily, they didn't realize we were cliffed out.

By around 11am, Renee and I were looking for an adventure. Anna went in to play with her American Girl doll (who rode in my backpack). Renee and I went down "Blue By You" and found some very nice corn. It was great.

So two "c" experiences - cliffs for Anna and corn for Renee. Made for a great day.

Very nice to see how fast Renee and Anna are progressing in their snowboarding. They look good. Still doing a fair amount of heel sliding down parts, but working the bumps and working their boards so much better than last year.

Renee (10.5 yo): http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericmorton/3252566370/sizes/l/
Anna (7.5 yo): http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericmorton/3251741823/sizes/l/
Family portrait: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericmorton/3251742583/sizes/l/
(The American Girl doll and "Harry" are also visible in the picture)

Eric