Saw this in the NH/Maine weather discussion...

"SO BOILING ALL OF THIS DOWN...EXPECT SNOW TO START WEDNESDAY
EVENING...WITH A BAND OF HEAVY SNOW MOVING THROUGH BETWEEN 500 AM
AND NOON ON THURSDAY. EXPECT SNOWFALL RATES OF ONE TO TWO INCHES
AN HOUR IN THIS BAND...WITH THUNDER-SNOW EVEN POSSIBLE."

Thunder snow is a pretty unique event and I'm unsure why this phenomenon
actually takes place.  I'd be interested to know how/why thunder snow occurs.

Hopefully this storm will set us up for a decent weekend.  Scott, as always
thanks for the insightful forecast.