-------- Forwarded Message --------

*Spring things*

*In this issue...*
Birds and Beyond <#LETTER.BLOCK10>
Sound Waves: Many Shapes of Music <#LETTER.BLOCK11>
4 Seasons Naturalist <#LETTER.BLOCK12>

**dormouse hibernating

Fairbanks
Observer
* * 	*March 2009*

Change is in the air! This month marks the end of our coldest weather
and the beginning of sap runs, snow and ice giving way to mud and new
growth, the awakening of bears and bats from hibernation and the return
of familiar bird songs. Post your signs of spring
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102498226475&e=001PS_Hfg8Ptxe3-QbKpGVViqwlCAruPDKpjdVcA491DdjZT-zMMpGl5w3v7d5aS41ZSP9vI7tDFeWcWU65q7Ae5dLFd_Au31-lJQJjTQVZuODwzPDMClj1a1Iidp7jHvB4>online
and see what other Eye on the Sky listeners are noticing in their
neighborhoods, fields, and forests.

At the Fairbanks Museum & Planetarium, we're at work building new ways
to observe and document change -- in our weather, climate, and natural
landscape. And we're adjusting to changes in our economy that
demand fresh approaches and new partnerships. Some things won't change,
including the Fairbanks Museum's dedication to the communities it serves
through stellar planetarium shows, stunning exhibits, inspired
education, and superb events, workshops, and programs open to everyone.
We are your museum!

*Spotlight on Sponsors*

We are very grateful for generous
corporate support from:

NRG Systems

Passumpsic Savings Bank

Wells River Savings Bank

Wheelock Books

Woodsville Guaranty Savings Bank

 Through their partnership with the Museum, these businesses  invest
in strong communities
 and our
 shared future.

*Find us:*
1302 Main Street
St. Johnsbury, Vermont 05819
802-748-2372
fairbanksmuseum.org

*Birds and Beyondblack capped chickadee*
*March 14, 9 AM - noon*

Join Museum Executive Director Charlie Browne for the first in a 4-part
series of workshops and field programs to promote the conservation of
birds and their habitats. This workshop will introduce some of the core
concepts of conservation biology and landscape ecology and will
concentrate on habitat enhancement for cavity-nesting birds. We'll make
bluebird nesting boxes, and everyone will come away with designs and
strategies for providing essential nesting habitat for cavity nesters
ranging from Wood Ducks to Barred Owls to Black-capped Chickadees.

Enrollment for this workshop is limited and pre-registration is
required. The fee is $20/session for Museum members, $25 for nonmembers.
Learn more on our web site
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102498226475&e=001PS_Hfg8PtxctgB5jJX_vxhouVBQJ4KCd9pPpBO80Rxu5boxfYmxhZZl4lAcOOuq2jYT39Qd7Sa2tb5x_58ZSeOqyGBPYc_vpLjFubxnVNbIsLeLToD5x-HaadFMhM5CM4WXnUmnHc-HHIIREam7k2ghTiEfHsO_xJ3Or2MhoQ1F2QesdeZlAop2Ke-sPPdAV8u5Pb5sp8Ek=>,
or send a message to Tara Holt <mailto:[log in to unmask]>to
register today!

*Sound Waves: Many Shapes of Music*
*Opening reception March 27, 4 - 6 PM*
black capped chickadee
Music has the ability to unite us and can transcend place and time.
Musical instruments from around the world were crafted in surprising
shapes and sizes, each one with a distinctive sound and purpose. This
new exhibit brings together unusual instruments, many of them are part
the Victorian collection of Franklin Fairbanks. And you'll have a chance
to try your musical hand on the fabulous Music Machine -- imagined by
the creative minds at the Fairbanks Museum!

Celebrate the opening of this new exhibit with the team that brought it
to life. Please RSVP to Tara Holt <mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

*moose (S. Morse)Four Seasons Naturalist *
*April 11, 9 AM - 3 PM (Victory Basin)*

Sue Morse, a leading naturalist and the founder of Keeping Track, Inc
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102498226475&e=001PS_Hfg8Ptxc_FOLHqg6LdxbjgTatkpQR_zdZ6ABW-X3GHQnXFYTiQdhjFwq13htLrc2WLUnuu29Ps72oXNfI1rZEIfK1aTQSWyqGFTH63P8tN7FrWvsa8Q==>.,
takes us into Victory Basin for the second of this 4-part series. We'll
look for signs of moose, bear, and other mammals that call Victory home.
Sue brings expertise guided by over 30 years tracking animals of all
sizes in their habitats. For more about the Fairbanks Four Seasons
Naturalist program, check our web site
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102498226475&e=001PS_Hfg8Ptxd_ff8g2xFVfp3aXp64_mSHn9Woq3qlPIT4CkoAJxRa9yUqqEGuhgaq_PsfYqQQtv2TCJ4OqZkFR8uPxK_FiD7axPYhuU93OXibhBdfC6_0G0aJ2BD110LYNYFabE3WQKYbe_i2RVKOG8yDrw8Hk5mcJHJ-QfMA26FX4sRUq-vH-XNCQqS497gsqglAjpPTDqw=>.

Don't miss this exploration of a beautiful and unspoiled habitat!

*The Fairbanks Museum & Planetarium* Inspires appreciation for our place
in the natural world and encourages our stewardship of a healthy planet.
We depend on your support to deliver educational programs, exhibits, and
events that are open to all. Please join the Museum
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102498226475&e=001PS_Hfg8PtxeCdfWG7VBVLDwqKNGFvEBFhbOvWlaJqzgQV69VU_gqNI9WOREXA4WhYnb_7Kt0Q0X-ervkcBG41Y6ezmST9MGd1nONFc7J_LZwrJGfZxRj19VLvvVkUAdYWNUHIGZdJgorXXdzKuSQ1Tf-7hiRktZ2VsKLVulgA8LrIX5Efa_VOA==>
today and explore the nature of your world! We are grateful for each and
every contribution.

Forward email
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1102126638256&ea=kristin.peterson-ishaq%40uvm.edu&a=1102498226475>

Email Marketing
<http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEM_News_236> by
<http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEM_News_236>

Fairbanks Museum & Planetarium | 1302 Main Street | St. Johnsbury | VT |
05819

---End of Forwarded Message---